• Come to Tanzania to climb the mythical
• Append at a day or three in the mountains to a safari
• True wilderness experiences amongst lush vegetation
• Tanzania journeys can offer you outstanding experiences
amongst the volcanoes and mountains of East Africa.
• Contact us now for your mountain experience.
East Africa’s highest mountains are volcanic
in origin, created by the same forces which caused the Rift Valley.
Kilimanjaro is the most recent of these, starting to form 1 million
years ago, still growing up to 100,000 years ago. Mount Meru is
older. Ngorongoro Crater is the collapsed caldera of a volcano that
would have been as high as Kilimanjaro is today. Ol Doinyo Lengai
is the only active volcano in Tanzania.
Tanzania is blessed with the highest, 5th and 9th
highest mountains is Africa, namely the great Kilimanjaro, Mount
Meru and Mount Hanang. Mount ranges such as the Pares, Usambaras
and Udzungwa offer incredible trekking through rainforests, which
are considered the Galapagos of plant life, hosting endemic species
not seen elsewhere in the world.